Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Successful Bachelor Party

Frank has returned from his successful bachelor party. While I don't know all that went on there, I think he was rather behaved. His brother couldn't make it, but that was pretty much expected. It sounds like he had a great time despite that. They played a lot of golf, attended the NCAA tournament, and I'm sure did many other boy things that I probably don't want to hear about.

To keep myself busy while he was away getting in trouble, I did absolutely nothing... seriously, nothing. I sat around all day by myself. I had plans to meet someone for lunch one day, but it didn't work out. Granted, I don't know a lot of people where I live now, but I think even if I did I still would've chosen to do nothing. When he planned his B-party months ago, I just knew I'd be all preoccupied and nervous. Usually I really miss Frank and get grumpy. I think I could have gone another week though. I've just been so busy and so tired that it felt so good to be lazy, make messes that I didn't have to clean up (until he returned), and have absolutely no one to answer to. I must say, it was nice. I do wish I'd done a couple of things differently, like treat myself to a spa day or something, but I really wasn't prepared to feel somewhat "happy" that my fiance was off with all his buddies on a bachelor party.

Honestly, I've never understood the tradition of a bachelor party. It really just never made sense to me. You decide you want to declare your love to someone and commit to them for life, but first you must go celebrate and "be single???" It is very contradicting to me. Obviously, I let Frank do his thing, but I will never "agree" with this tradition. Relationships should be publicly respectable, and whether your relationship is on display to your friends or total strangers, only you can choose how you want people to perceive it. I've never been one to stop someone from doing something they wanted though (we do only live once), so I happily dropped Frank off at the airport. I didn't get grumpy with him the entire weekend, which is pretty good for me, didn't text, and waited for him to call me. I can be pretty bratty, and whiny when I'm uneasy about things, so I must say I was very well behaved!

I did, however, lose it when Frank mentioned upon his return that his friends (primarily his brother) thought he should have another bachelor party since his brother couldn't make it. I said no...Ab...so...lute...ly NOT!!!! How ridiculous. As I said before, the point of getting married isn't to see how many strippers you can gawk at with your buddies before your wedding! Granted, this was coming from his friends (er...uh...brother), but Frank took the fall for this one. I think I yelled for about an hour and slept on the couch (it was really cold, but I had to prove my point.) It lasted about a full 24 hours, and I imagine with my inability to move on (yes, I know I should work on that) it'll come up again many times over the next couple of weeks months. Poor Frank. It was just a really ridiculous thing to say when you first get back from a 4 day bachelor fiesta! Hopefully he got the point from my mini-fit. You know though, his brother should really as they say "sac up", there was no excuse for him to not be at his brother's bachelor party. He is sad for choosing his pathetic girlfriend over his brother's bachelor party. You can't make that up by having a second one that your boss, I mean girlfriend, approves of... sorry. Nice try. His girlfriend, possibly soon to be fiance (GAG!!! Stay tuned for a real doozie of a blog about that subject!), probably won't even let him have a bachelor party. If he does have one though, trust me, I will personally make sure the booze is flowing and the strippers are endless!!!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh you poor thing! I am sure I would be upset too if he just came home from a 4 day stripper fest only to ask if he can have another one, not cool. Hang in there!! :)

LauraAnn said...

I probably would not be too happy if my fiance came home from a 4 DAY bachelor party to announce that they wanted to throw him another bachelor party. 4 days is a long bachelor party!!!!

And you crack me up about his brothers gf! She sounds like an interesting person (using interesting very loosely). Good luck with that!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I will pull the same sleeping on the couch thing if Mr. H comes back from his bachelor weekend in Vegas and his best man's bachelor weekend in Chicago - I might even do it for TWO nights if he thinks he will go on a third trip... and there will be no naked breasts on either of those trips or the wedding is off... he knows that part already though!

Hannah said...

Dang! Well, I'm okay with bachelor parties, so long as they are tasteful and not just about being stupid, irresponsible men. I know when Mr. AF has his Bach party (if he even gets to have one) they'll probably just go play golf and drink and do things like that, without him doing anything that would be disrespectful to me.

Anonymous said...

Are you having a bachelorette party? I guess I am more easygoing because I absolutely trust Brian and strippers don't bother me. In fact, pretty sure some female strippers were involved with my bachelorette party weekend in New Orleans! lol. Apparently we stumbled into one of them, they're a dime a dozen on Bourbon St. Brian's bachelor party is Easter weekend in Vegas. They are staying at a suite at the Mandalay Bay. Jealous!

But yeah, there is absolutely no reason for there to be another bachelor party...you snooze, you lose!

JennyLee said...

I don't have a problem with bachelor/bachelorette parties but I also don't understand why strippers have to be involved. It's just so tasteless....

CheapAndEasy said...

Now see, the stripper thing just doesn't bother me in the least. Perhaps it's because I'm a little older & have a lot of male friends (due to a ridiculous love of hockey) & have been to my share of strip clubs with them. They are just far more innocuous than many women think. In L.A., the guys can't even touch the girls. I think bachelor parties are much more of a male bonding thing than a go out & "be single one last time" thing. They get together, get drunk, some guys will ogle beautiful women, some may just play golf or go clubbing. Either way, if you're confident in your relationship, it really shouldn't matter.

That being said, I would be furious if he was considering having another one because his brother couldn't be there. His brother COULD be there, he simply CHOSE not to. His brother chose his girlfriend over his own brother's bachelor party. He is a weenie. Your fiance should be pretty pissed off & shouldn't give his brother the opportunity to appease his guilt by having another party. He had a bachelor party (& from the sound of it, a pretty good one) and his brother chose not to be there. He should just have to live with that.

Post a Comment