Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Love

Well, this weekend I was so consumed and busy that I didn't really have a chance to think about the wedding. I need to book an officiant this week, however unexciting that task is. I think I've been putting it off the most, since it just isn't "fun." We spent Valentine's day with Frank's father, and had a lovely dinner together. We also went to an arboretum Saturday, where I got a chance to peek at many beautiful flowers. I did find some that will work perfectly in my bouquet!



Paired with some Spider Mums, I think these will be gorgeous, and have just the hint of accent colors I've been looking for. Oh, I did remember to find out what they were.

Other than that, I didn't do much this weekend. Well, I got my Valentine's present...


She is absolutely adorable... and nameless! Yes, the poor little gal doesn't have a name. We've considered Mademoiselle Katerina le Paws, and Amelia le Paws, Kat and Amelia respectively for short. Katerina, we just think is funny because her nickname would be Kat... with a "K," and Amelia because Frank proposed to me on Amelia Island. Le Paws is just going to be her "french" last name. You know, to make her sound fancy. :) She kept us up all night and is currently destroying every flower arrangement I have in the house. Adorable. Poor Frank is allergic to her, and said he would be fine as long as she didn't come in the bedroom. Then the crying started... er... wailing. Well, the sucker that I am was able to give her clearance into the bedroom, which of course eventually became the bed. Her love for Frank and his body heat showed throughout the night, as every time I woke up that she wasn't on my face, she was on his. Poor Frank. Of course, there was another "unfan" of our little gal. Our giant killer rabbit, Cadburry.


Yes, he's as giant and fat as he looks, and I just love him. He has the most beautiful blue eyes, and is old and grumpy. We can let him out anywhere and he never runs away. He's the best, unfortunately Amelia/Kat didn't think so. In fact, I think they hated each other. At one point I saw hissing, and then Amelia/Kat flying across the room. This was followed by her attempting to sneak up on Cadburry over and over. Uh, not a good idea... seriously.

As you can see, I'm going to have my hands full for the next few weeks. Especially since I have a string of exams coming up as well. Poor Frank will probably get the brunt of my crabbiness. :)

Hoping everyone else had a fantastic Valentine's day weekend as well! XoXo



9 comments:

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I am soooo jealous of your new kitty! I want a pet sooooo bad but can't get one for we live in an apartment on the 4th floor w no room for a kitty litter box. Lucky!

Jane said...

your new kitty is so cute!! i want a pet, but my building won't allow it... hopefully when i move in may!

Anonymous said...

your new kitten is too cute! congrats--kittens are a ton of fun. good luck picking the name.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Awe, yay for the kitten! So sweet! =)

Kell said...

The kitty is so cute! It's so tiny and just looks so spunky :o) I love the potential name. My chihuahua has a long and lengthy name, too (Cleopatra Yoda Menudo!).. but I'm sure anything you choose will be adorable!

bridechic said...

How cute are they? Precious little guys

melissa said...

Love the flowers!

Check out my blog later today - your getting an award!

Melissa said...

Your kitten is so cute and so is your bunny! We have two cats of our own and they love to eat flowers and plants :)

Krista said...

Cadburry is adorable! What a lovely rabbit - and I can't believe he doesn't run away!

Poor Frank - I'm allergic to cats, and I get such asthma when I'm around them!

Post a Comment